Welcome to Avalon Public School
Bienvenue à Avalon Public School
2080 Portobello Boulevard, Orléans, Ontario K4A 0K5
Phone: 613-834-7313 | Fax: 613-834-5274
Avalon Public School opened its doors to students on Tuesday, September 2, 2008 with 460 students. Currently we are home to 825 students. Avalon is a safe and caring community of learners committed to fostering personal excellence.
• May 20th, 6:30pm – Kindergarten Information Night
(for parents of children registered to begin September, 2015)
• May 20th – Avalon Track and Field Meet, grades 3 – 5
• May 21st – Avalon Track and Field Meet, grades 6 – 8
• May 22nd – Track and Field rain date
• May 25th, 7pm – School Council, Avalon Staff Room
• May 25th – May 27th – EQAO Testing for Grades 3 and 6 students (we would kindly request that appointments be scheduled keeping these dates in mind)
• May 28th – Hudson Sergeant Relays (grades 6-8)
• May 30th , 11am – 2pm – Avalon Family Fun Fair and BBQ
• June 3rd – Regional Track and Field Meet (grades 6-8)
• June 5th – PA Day, Students do not attend school
• June 9th – Regional Track and Field Meet (grades 3 - 5)
• June 10th – Track and Field Board Finals (grades 7 & 8)
• June 15th – School Council, location to be determined
• June 24th, AM – Grade 8 School Leaving Ceremony
• June 25th – Last day of school for students
• June 26th – PA Day, Students do not attend school
>OCDSB 2014-15 Elementary Calendar
- We are an OCDSB JK to 8 school located in the neighbourhood of Avalon in the east end of Orléans within the municipality of Ottawa, Ontario.
Bus Stop Locator
Click image to enlarge our school "Wordle"
• We are responsible for what we say and do. We care about our school community. We recognize our right to be safe.
• We use our hands for helping, not hurting. We are positive in thought, word, and deed.